about 2 years ago
There are just four weeks to go in the monday Apps Challenge and we know you are working hard. Don’t forget - submissions are due by August 31 at 5pm EDT. (Find out what time this is in your city)
We know as devs + innovators, your expertise normally lies behind the scenes, however, the submission video needs time too! It's often the first (and sometimes only!) thing that judges review.
Your video tells the story behind your submission, providing a clear to showcase your software and talent in a video:
- Establish your elevator pitch. In the first few seconds of your video, explain how your solution meets the requirements, including what the monday app is and how it improves collaboration, communication, teamwork, or simply makes daily work a little more joyful.
- Within 60 seconds, viewers tend to lose interest, so use this time wisely to keep them engaged!
- Show, don't tell. Providing real-life context and showing firsthand how your app benefits monday.com users will help judges and voters understand and appreciate your solution.
- Keep it simple. Your video shouldn't be longer than three minutes.
- Get organized. Write out a script of what you’ll say and demonstrate in your video and rehearse it before recording. Essentially a good script should talk about:
- The problem that your potential customers face
- Existing solutions to the problem
- The solution that your project provides
- How your project integrates used the monday Apps Framework
- Pro Tip: Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. We cannot stress this enough! There have been many times a submission becomes ineligible due to errors with video rendering and uploading.
Lights, Camera, Action!