•   about 2 years ago

New requirements in submission checklist (marketplace certification and repo access)?

Hey,

Just got an email specifying the following submission requirements that I didn't see any mention of in the rules:

```
Have you submitted your monday app for certification? Remember: All submissions must have passed monday.com Marketplace certification by September 7th

Did you provide a way to access the code repository for testing?
```

Can you please elaborate on those?

Thanks.
Ronen

• 12 comments

•   •   about 2 years ago

• Manager   •   about 2 years ago

Hey Ronen and Jérôme,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm connecting with the monday team and hope to get to the bottom of what was communicated.

•   •   about 2 years ago

Yes, please explain this. Those rules were not in the beginning.

• Manager   •   about 2 years ago

Hey Everyone! Got it cleared up and it is not a requirement to be submitted to the marketplace for the hackathon. The marketplace is not open yet so there is no option to do so.

However, if you want to get some feedback on your app from the team, you can request a time for office hours until the 7th. (Link below)

For your submission on Devpost, we do ask that you provide an Installation link to the app (you should be able to create this in monday) and repo so we can ensure the app in your demo video was built.

•   •   about 2 years ago

Hey, regarding link to repo, from everything I read, I understood that the contest is not an open source one and that I can participate with any app without providing source code, including a commercial app, as long as it's a new one, and I provide free usage to it during judging period.

Please clarify.

Thanks,
    Ronen

• Manager   •   about 2 years ago

I apologize for the confusion! I'll check with the team to make sure that a link to a repo is not required. According to the rules, the installation link is the main requirement for testing. I'm also asking about instructions on generating that link.

In general, we just need to be able to access and test your project.

• Manager   •   about 2 years ago

Hi all,
    The code to the repo is not a must for the submission.
    We have a category for best engineering and if you want to be eligible to participate in that category you should submit your app code.

You can still participate in the main prizes and the rest of the categories with only the installation link.

•   •   about 2 years ago

@Ben Rosenfeld: I have a private repo that I'd be happy to share with the judges, but would prefer to not make it a public repo that anyone can access.

Is there a github user I can send an invite to that would work for that?

• Manager   •   about 2 years ago

Hey Anders, sure, you can share it with vladmonday

•   •   about 2 years ago

Awesome, thank you!

•   •   about 2 years ago

Hey..can anyone let me know the instructions to creating the installation link for the app? I am not able to find it.

•   •   about 2 years ago

It wasn't immediately obvious to me either.
    Log into your Monday account, go to the Developers sections, click on your app, then go to the "Publish" tab.

Comments are closed.